WA and the Met Office
WA Consultants are proud to be preferred suppliers of IT contract staff to the Met Office.
The Met Office employ around 1,800 people at 60 sites across the world, the majority (about 1,400) working out of their headquarters at Exeter
As weather and climate experts they :
- predict the weather for tomorrow, next week, next season and beyond;
- are a significant contributor to the global understanding of climate change;
- are leading researchers of weather science;
- provide forecasts for sporting events such as Wimbledon and Open Golf;
- stand shoulder to shoulder with Armed Forces around the world;
- help keep roads open and planes flying;
- inform the decisions and policies of businesses and governments across the world;
- help the NHS provide preventative healthcare.
They have an ongoing need at the Met Office for SC cleared developers who work within the following areas:
- Actionscript 3
- Google Maps API
- Open Geospacial Consortium webservices
* For Java and flex positions the MET office will consider BPSS (BC) Clearance.